June 10 - June 12
Parmageddon is approaching! Parmageddon is our way to celebrate the King of Cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano.
We’re bringing the best of the best, Parmigiano Reggiano di Montagna Primavera (Spring Mountain Parmigiano). It is made from Spring milk, which is said to be the best for cheese, because the cows are grazing on the nutrient-rich, first-bloom grasses and meadows after the long winter. Parmigiano Reggiano di Montagna is a special mountain version of Parmigiano Reggiano. These cows graze on a unique environment of grasses and flowers, which comes through in the flavor of the final cheese.
Parmageddon is your opportunity to taste some of the most sought after Parmigiano in the world! Compare it with the other Parmigiano and Pecorino’s you’re familiar with and TASTE the DIFFERENCE!
Here are a few activities to look forward to:
- Sample all of our Parmigiano and Pecorino’s side-by-side for FREE, including the Parmigiano Reggiano di Montagna Primavera, & taste the difference!
- Pair you cheese samplings with specially curated wine flights from our experienced Wine Staff!
- Vinnie Susi, our head pasta maker, will be making Cacio e Pepe in a halved-out wheel of Parmigiano Reggiano with his house-made Black Pepper Spaghetti. It is going to be a delicious spectacle!
- On Saturday, June 11 at noon, Michelle Vieira, our Head Cheesemonger, will crack a full 90lb. wheel of Parmigiano Reggiano di Montagna with traditional Parmigiano Reggiano cracking tools! Be sure to stick around to try a flake from the freshly cracked wheel!
- Our Ristorante will be featuring special pricing on our Chicken and Veal Parmigiana entrees.
- At Bar Saturnino, enjoy our featured craft cocktail, the Parmatini. A Parmigiano-infused vodka martini garnished with Parmigiano Reggiano!
- Café Cece will be offering a limited-edition gelato flavor… You guessed it, Parmigiano Reggiano gelato.
- Keep an eye out around the Market for other fun in-store specials and samplings surrounding Parmigiano Reggiano, such as Parmigiano Peppercorn Bread from Mediterra Bakery, and our Homemade Salad Center’s famous, Pasta Parmigiana Pasta Salad!
Come on in and try what we are all geeking out about.
We hope to see you June 10-12 to celebrate the King of Cheese with us!